3rd Annual FERIA Partnership Conference
Saturday, November 4, 2017
8:00 AM – 3:30 PM (PST)
The Voices of Latino Families: Cultural Understanding + Inclusion + Quality Education = EMPOWERMENT
Our goal is to provide families in the South Bay and San Diego area with educational information to better support their children’s education, mental health well-being and access to community resources.
Alex Montoya speaks to audiences about overcoming obstacles and succeeding in business, education, and service. Drawing on his experiences as a triple amputee from birth, Alex blends emotion and humorous anecdotes into his presentations.
Alex has also achieved the following:
- Bestowed a 2017 “San Diego Award” for life coaching
- Member of the San Diego City Schools Hall of Fame as one of the first students mainstreamed from special education
- Was a 1996 Olympic Torch carrier
- Has appeared in the films Artificial Intelligence and Minority Report and the television series Pitch
Alex earned his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Notre Dame, a Master’s Degree from the University of San Francisco, and has also completed a Personal Development certification program at Harvard University, where he has also spoken.
Alex Montoya is an award-winning author and international speaker. As the owner of A-MOtivational Communications, he delivers presentations to businesses, schools, conferences, churches, and more. Prior to launching his business in 2015, he oversaw Hispanic community outreach for the San Diego Padres baseball club and Hispanic Chamber.
Alex has authored four books:
- Swinging for the Fences (2008)
- The Finish Line (2012)
- See the Good (2016)
- Wolfpack (2017)
Our workshops are presented by experienced speakers that work closely within our San Diego community and the topics we discuss are determined by what our community needs the most.
Student Leadership Program
- Parent and Student Education
- Student Leadership Strand
- Working with English Learners
- Quality Education for ALL Children
- (Home ● School ● Community Connection)
- Southwestern Community College
- San Diego Regional Center (SDRC)
- Bonita Optimist Club
- Molina Health Care
- Sweetwater Union High School District
- South County SELPA
- San Diego Unified School District
- Arc of San Diego
- Exceptional Family Resource Center (EFRC)
- The Department of Special Education SDSU
- Adelante Project, Dual Language ELL Dept. SDSU
- State Council on Developmental Disabilities
- Harold J. Ballard Parent Center San Diego, Imperial Office
- Parents Institute for Quality Education (PIQE)
- Mental Health America